Firmware is essential for functioning of the devices, an outdated firmware version can leave the network vulnerable to exploits. Your router should automatically keep the firmware updated to the device, to keep the network secured. To manually download the router firmware follow these steps :
- Head to support site for asus
- Type in the device model you want to download the firmware for
- Click Driver & Tools, look for BIOS & Firmware
- Click download on the latest firmware available. Make sure you extract the file to use it.
- On Firmware Upgrade tab on the router web interface, click on choose file
- Select the downloaded firmware file
- Click upload and wait for a moment and the device be updated